select WEEKNUM, SUM(whatever) ... => all weeks

From: Jenda Krynicky <Jenda_at_Krynicky.cz>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:57:37 GMT

I have a table like :

 WEEKNUM number;
 VALUE number;
 FOO bar;
 BAZ bar;

I do a statement like this :

 select WEEKNUM, SUM(VALUE)
 from That_table
 where WEEKNUM >= WEEK_SINCE and WEEKNUM <= WEEK_TILL  GROUP_BY WEEKNUM
 ORDER BY WEEKNUM I then define a cursor for this select and process and print the values.

The problem is that if there is no row for a certain week I do not get (TheWeek, 0).

So of course if I blindli go and print "Sum|" for each row from the cursor I do not get  "23|0|15" but "23|15". Which is useless.

Is there an easy way to ensure the select returns a row for each week in the range. I don't mind if its 0 or NULL, but I would not like to have to check for the spaces.

Thanks a lot, Jenda
http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 12:57:37 CDT