OCP Reporter questions

From: Chris Joyce <100602.2322_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Sep 1999 07:17:34 GMT

Could anybody kindly comment on the following REPORTS OCP questions & answers provided by Oracle for self assessment? In each case It seems to me there are two equally good answers.

Question 1: The Payroll report needs to display the employee's name that has the lowest salary. Which type of column would you create to contain the employee's name?

A. formula
B. summary
C. database
D. placeholder

ANSWER : D. placeholder.
MY QUESTION: Why not a report level formula column?

Question 2: Which type of column would you use to display each employee's commission earnings, which are calculated by multiplying the SALARY and CM_PCT columns?

A. summary
B. formula
C. database
D. placeholder

ANSWER : C. database
MY QUESTION: Why not a formula column? It would shift some processing to the client, & could save network traffic if we were retrieving SALARY and CM_PCT anyway.