Re: Add text at beggining of each row of output

From: <jimbob4334_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 03:20:35 GMT

I thought I needed a field seperator there - so what I was really running which was not working was

select
||'text'||||'|'||b||'|'||c
from db

Where | is the field seperator - right after I sent the email I realized I had never tried

select
'text'||'|'||b||'|'||c
from db

Thanks for your help,

Jim

In article <7sbhkn$tml$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <7sb1l9$her$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> jimbob4334_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > How would I put text at the beginning of
> > each line of output from an sql query.
> >
> > For example
> >
> > select
> > 'text',b,c
> > from db
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Jim

> Jim,
> You answered your own question. So I'll ask, in what way are you not
> satisfied with your answer?
>

> --
> Ed Prochak
> Magic Interface, Ltd.
> ORACLE services
> 440-498-3700 <<<NOTE new number

Check out http://www.ina.net/eprofits/jeferree

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 22:20:35 CDT