Re: Newbie SQL question

From: DRODRIGU1 <drodrigu1_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Sep 1999 03:59:53 GMT

The following query is among the ones I use the most.

Select table_name from dba_tables where table_name like upper('%&table_hint%');

You will be able to retrieve tables when all you know is part of the name.

Depending on your privileges, you can use instead of dba_tables: all_tables or user_tables. There is also dba_catalog, but I am not sure the difference from dba_tables.

If you substitute dba_tables for dba_tab_columns, then you can also see what tables have a column with a
certain name or fraction of it. Hope you find it useful.

Dave Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 22:59:53 CDT