Re: Connecting Excel to Oracle using ODBC

From: Anand Kakarala <ababu_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:07:03 -0700

Thanks for your response.
Connecting from my machine(which has the development environment) works fine without any problems. I fully developed the application from this setup. However, I am trying to deploy the Excel application on user machines. For this I need to configure the user machine. The users are running other Oracle applications, developed using Developer 2000(with native driver). So I would presume that SQL*Net 2.3 and TNS - Name are properly configured. When I try to connect using ODBC, I get the error which is like SQLERR text not found......
This I guess is a function in one of the DLL's it is looking for.

Please let me know if ODBC - Test program can be used even while using Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle.
(I would also give it a try)
Obviously, I am new to the Oracle environment. Hope I have stated the problem clearly.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

David Jude.