Re: Who knows the answer?

From: attwoody <attwoody_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:24:48 GMT

In article <7sctet$bhv_at_nntpb.cb.lucent.com>,   "Antonio Pascual" <apa_at_jerez.micro.lucent.com> wrote:
> This is a stupid question, but I don't know the answer and I've
couldn't
> find
> anyone who knows it.
> Imagine.
> I have in my Unix workstation 3 or 4 sqlplus opened sessions. Each of
one,
> connected to a different host,
>
> SESSION 1: sqlplus user1/pass1_at_host1
> SESSION 2: sqlplus user2/pass2_at_host2
> SESSION 3: sqlplus user3/pass3_at_host3
>
> I go to lunch, and when I back, I don't know what session is 1, or 2
or 3.
> How could i know the host for each session.
>
> With the command, shows the user
> SQL> show user
> user is user1
>
> but, if the user is equal for all sessions?.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Greetings, Antonio,

This may be simplistic, but you could do a host uname -n within SQL*Plus to show you the server name. You could also set up your xterms (I assume you're referring to xterm sessions) to display the hostname in the banner of the xterm (I don't remember off the top of my head how to do that, but it should be in a X reference).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 15:24:48 CDT