Re: Sending output to a file (table)....

From: Screamer <mflopes_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:29:34 +0100

<ramsey84_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:7sdnt4$ft6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Currently, I have a program that gets me the data I want, but it prints
> to the screen, and I would like to send it to a file (tab-delimited),
> so I can then email it on to the customer. What is the command that
> writes the output to a file?

spo filename.ext -> to begin sending output both to file and screen spo off -> stop spooling
spo out -> stop spooling and print the spool file to the default printer

Also, what is an easy way to print a
> saved .sql file (within SQL*Plus)? TIA

Depends...
If you're working on unix, you can type "!" to open a shell and exit to close it, or, you can type "!command param1 param2" if you want to execute only 1 command and exit the shell.

If anyone knows how to do it on Nt or win9x, i'd apreciate it. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 13:29:34 CDT