Re: Is it possible to get a subset of a result set?

From: Jay Weiland <jay_at_pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:15:12 -0700

Hey Steven,

     You really know how to make a guy feel good in the morning :) Try the following, if it works, please tell me and then I'll tell you about all the implications of using it.

select emp_name, rank
  from (select emp_name, rownum rank

          from (select emp_name
                  from delete_emp
                group by emp_name))

 where rank between 8000 and 8500;

     By the way, you original request was "Ideally, I'd like the solution to use a single select statement and not Java or PL/SQL code." This severely hamstrings the possibilities for the query "to be very fast".

Jay!!!