Re: Connecting Excel to Oracle using ODBC

From: <angelabr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:42:19 GMT

Hi David,

I think you need to set up a Data Source on the PC using Start->Settings ->Control Panel->ODBC. Under the 'File DSN' tab add a new entry to correspond to your Oracle database.

Through Excel you then choose Data->Get External Data->Create New Query this should bring up a list of database including the one you just created. Microsoft query will then be started connected to your Oracle database (hopefully!).

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Angela

In article <7sbjtu$kj6$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,   "Anand Kakarala" <ababu_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to connect Excel to Oracle using Microsoft ODBC
> driver(msorcl.dll).
> Oracle, version 7.3 running on an UNIX box. SQL*NET is on the network
and
> EXCEL along with msorcl.dll is on the local machine.
>
> It would be of great help, if someone could let me know what are the
files
> required to make this connection.
> I could find documentation on using the ODBC driver from oracle,
> however, what I need is for the Microsoft ODBC driver.
>
> Thank You in advance
>
> David Jude

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 10:42:19 CDT