Re: Sorting update?

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:50:55 GMT

I like the simplicity of Thomas' and Mike's queries....

As for Mike's question...
The salary in the where ..in clause is necessary. I think it is because Rownum is coming from the outer table EMP T1. Without Salary, the rownums are wrong.... I think that specifying rownum,salary forces some kind of sort or index use on the outer T1 table in order to get it to match with the inner EMP table...perhaps so that the IN clause could be more efficient....

What's a semi-product join.
Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 10:50:55 CDT