Re: SQL*PLUS

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:10:01 GMT

John,

I assume that you mean that you are using the Oracle SQL Worksheet program. I gather that your database entry in the TNSNAMES.ORA file is incorrect or missing ?

I realize that this issue is complicated by knowing which TNSNAMES.ORA file do you configure, because many servers and client machines have several of them.

What works for me is to create the TNS entry which involves the correct values: host, port(s),SID and append it to all TNSNAMES.ORA files on your computer!

Rock Cogar.
Oak Ridge, TN.

In article <7s89n6$gvv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   John Duran <d3plan_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> When running SQL*PLUS SQL*Plus worksheet it asks for the service area
> and gives the syntax as host:port:sid
>
> We can run SQL*PLUS but are unable to see the database using the
syntax
> and various variations of it.
>
> Is there some additional configuration required or some special TNS
> name structure that is needed. Not much available documentation
> addressing this item.
>
> We have used both the IP address as well as the server name to no
> avail.
>
> John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 09:10:01 CDT