Package Body causes NULL into SYS.OBJ Error

From: <tariks_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:07:31 GMT

Hi

Anybody come across this before (Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 Enterprise)?

Trying to create a package body that includes a variable declaration: v_parameters VARCHAR2(1000);

When I press the "Apply" button to update the package body I get the following error messages in a Windows message box: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SYS"."OBJ$"."NAME")

If I remove the correct definition of this variable I naturally get compile errors, but at least it saves the package body.

The package body and the procedure within it definitely do have names, and the package header compiles correctly.

Eh?
What's that all about then?

Thanks....
Tarik Sadat.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 07:07:31 CDT