how to partition the index for primary key

From: <dxlin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:58:20 GMT

I have a partitioned table based on its primary key, What I also want is to partition the index used by primary key on it using local prefixed partition key.

what I did is something like this

create table foo
( a number,

  b number,
  c number,
  constraint pk_foo primary key( a, b ) using index idx_pk_foo  )
partition by range( a )
( partition p1 less than(100),

  partition p2 less than(maxvalue) );

Now I wanted to partition the index idx_pk_foo as local prefixed partition, I checked the documents from Oracle and cannot find a way to do this.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide on this

David Lin
David.Lin_at_ameriserve.com
(972)363-2891

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 16:58:20 CDT