pl/sql question?

From: <yliu_at_creighton.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:46:55 -0500

Hi there,

I am new to pl/sql. I have a generic pl/sql question. Usually, a pl/sql block (or subprogram) has the following structure:

	DECLARE

BEGIN
EXCEPTION
END;

My understanding is when a exception happens, the control is passed to the exception part of the pl/sql program, and is not returned to the original block. So my question is: 'What happened to all the processing before the exception occurs? Does this mean all the processing are rolled back?' I was told that always put a commit before the END of the pl/sql program, but if a exception occurs, all the processing is uncommited even if I have a commit right before the END of the pl/sql program, is this right? What are the ways that I can use in pl/sql programs that will keep on processing the rest of data even though there is an exception?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Yongge
yliu_at_creighton.edu Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 14:46:55 CDT