Re: Oracle8i, JServer, OAS Version confusion

From: Gerald Anleitner <ga_at_phil.uni-passau.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:11:50 +0200

Hi!
> etc..... Trying to find out if all of this is supported now is
very
> difficult. It now appears that JServer is a separate product. I
have a
[...]
> Do I give up trying to use all Oracle products to implement today a
> proof-of-concept and just use Oracle8i database and WebLogic
middle-ware?

Well, JServer is included in the Oracle8i system, so that should be no problem. EJB, JCORBA is with OAS, load balancing as well. I'm not sure about JSP though.
High-availability database design (fall-over etc.) might require additional OS-specific software.

Actually, a current OTN should provide you with everything, if not have a look at their web site and download whatever you need!

ga Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 14:11:50 CDT