interMedia/context error using GERMAN word stemming !!!

From: Kristian Holmstrøm Mikkelsen <memsi_at_stibo.dk>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:05:27 +0200

Hi,

I have made a full-text index with GERMAN word stemming but when I execute the following query I get an oracle error: "DRG-50921: EQUIV operand not a word or another EQUIV expression"

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM "GERMANY"."PRODUCTDESC"
WHERE CONTAINS(description, '$kabel') > 0

If I remove '$':

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM "GERMANY"."PRODUCTDESC"
WHERE CONTAINS(description, 'kabel') > 0

...3596 is returned as expected

If I substitute 'kabel' with 'batterie':

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM "GERMANY"."PRODUCTDESC"
WHERE CONTAINS(description, '$batterie') > 0

...444 is returned as expected

Can enybody tell me WHY ????

Kristian Holmstrøm Mikkelsen, Software Developer The Stibo Group
Søren Nymarksvej 3
Postbox 1947
DK - 8270 Højbjerg
Aarhus, Denmark