Re: problem with Net8 Easy Config

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:06:25 GMT

Did you make any manual changes to the sqlnet.ora or tnsnames.ora files? Under the older (v7) SQL*Net Easy Config utility, if you made manual changes to the files, the utility would recognize that and prompt you to revert back to the last known "good" version. I've found that with the newer Net8 products, if you make manual changes, the utilities just won't start. And they won't ask to revert to a previous version. If this is your problem, you can fix it by:

  1. print off copies of your sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora, and optionally your names.ora files
  2. delete the files
  3. run the utility and re-enter the information from your printed copy.

HTH,
Brian