Word and OLE Containers

From: Your Name <Your.Name_at_icl.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:50:27 +0100

Hi Dudes and Dudettes,

Question.

I plan to have a form which has an OLE container which is connected to a database item and a push button. whe the user pushes the push button, they can choose a word template file from the filesystem (e.g c:\temp\template.doc). Once selected, word is opened and the template is automatically opened within word. I use the OLE2 package for this.

This part is not a problem. What i want to happen is when the word document is saved in word and word is exited, i want the saved file to be placed inside the OLE Container in Forms.

We can't store the template on the database and open it up from there otherwise when the user does a save, the template is overwritten.

Any ideas?

Mark. Received on Wed Sep 22 1999 - 03:50:27 CDT