64 Bit?

From: Travis Rogers <trdrdriror_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:36:04 GMT

We are currently running on HPUX 11 which is 64 bit. We have Oracle 7.3 and 8.0.4 databases installed and functioning which are 32 bit. We are currently reviewing upgrade paths for Oracle and are interested if anybody is running the 64 bit version of Oracle (8.0.4s or 8.0.5?). If so can you provide some feedback on it's stability and any performance issues. Currently we are having difficulty compiling 64bit Pro*c apps and have noticed a huge increase in the time it takes to create large datafiles and tables.

Considering the 32 bit version is running on a "32 bit virtual machine" we had assumed that moving to 64 bit would provide considerable performance improvements??? Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 23:36:04 CDT