Re: I need to move one datafile from one directory to another

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:57:55 GMT

take the tablespace offline
using OS commands, copy the datafile from the old location to the new alter tablespace <tablespace_name> rename datafile 'old' to 'new' bring the tablespace online

FYI, I have found with AIX that if I don't use the '-p' flag with cp (to preserve file permissions and mod times), Oracle complains when trying to bring the tablespace online, and I have to issue a file recovery command to update the file header info.

HTH,
Roy

In article <7s88kv$gbk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   srana5190_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I do like to move one datafile of oracle from one directory to
another.
> What I have to do so that I can reallocte the datafiles place.
>
> Thanks advance for your reply
>
> Sohail

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 15:57:55 CDT