question on view

From: pradeep paudyal <pradeep_at_evolv.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:06:06 +0100

hello,
  I have a table which has fields called 'fid' and 'type'. I have another table which has fields 'fid' and 'name'. I want to create a view such that all the fid from the first table are listed with the name( if they have it ).In other words the second table has only fids which have names.
But I want to have everything in the view and leave the 'name' field empty if a 'fid' doesn't have it.
I coudn't think of how I can do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Pradeep Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 11:06:06 CDT