Cannot get both Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.1.5 to run on same server.

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:22:08 GMT

I need to get both Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.1.5 to run on same NT server. I can get both pairs of Oracle server / listeners to run, but it seems that I can access only the 8.1.5 instance.

This problem is made more difficult by my being in Tennessee with no remote access (firewalls!) to the server which is in Alabama ! I may be faced with traveling to the customer site to try to fix it in Alabama, so I need to have the solution before I go there.

I have the idea that the problem is with the listener service(s) not being able to work for both instances of Oracle server at the same time. So maybe the problem could be solved by changing one or both of the listener.ora files.

Anybody out there have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Rock Cogar.
Oak Ridge, TN.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 14:22:08 CDT