Re: HELP: Webdb. How to send mail?

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:16:20 -0400

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:16:14 +0200, "Carlo Goldoni" <cgoldoni_at_etnoteam.it> wrote:

>Hi, everybody.
>
>I have built a report which displays data about db-users, and one of the
>fields displays the user's e-mail address.
>
>Is it possible to click on that field and automatically send the selected
>user a mail message?
>
>I read on the "Getting Started" manual that you can create links, but I do
>not understand if I can use them to do it.

Well, you can select the mailto link for that user and have your browser pop up a mail window.

The query that you would use in WebDB could look something like...

select col1,

       col2,
       '<a href="mailto:'|| email_col || '">' ||
          first_name_col || ' ' || last_name_col || '</a>' email_link,
       col3

  from my_users_table

hope this helps.

chris.

--
Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 13:16:20 CDT