SQL Concatenation

From: <amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:03:14 GMT

Hello,

The field I want to perform this operation on is of type DATE.

I want to give the field a new MMDDYYYY while keeping the same hour and minute (HH24MI) from the date.

Since when you put dates into the table you need the quote the string and provide a format, I'm not sure how to accomplish my above task. The  month and day and year can be quoted, but the hour and minute will come from the existing value in that field.......

any help would be appreciated.

Arthur
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 12:03:14 CDT