load file for triggers

From: Graham Savage <savageg_at_logica.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:41:26 +0100

Hello there everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with this one, as I can't seem to find the answer in the docs...

I'm creating a text file for setting up a database. I've the various CREATE TABLE statements, and CREATE VIEW statements, but I'm having trouble adding CREATE TRIGGER statements...

The problem appears to be that when parsing the load file, it doesn't notice when one trigger stops and the next starts...

e.g.

CREATE TRIGGER myFirstTrigger

    DECLARE

    BEGIN

    END; CREATE TRIGGER mySecondTrigger

    DECLARE

    BEGIN

    END; gives an error, (PLS-00103), and tells me that is encountered the symbol "CREATE" I know that the triggers are fine, as if I place each in a separate file, then I can create each an every one of them, so the code itself is fine.

So I guess my question is how do I properly terminate a trigger, so that the parser knows that the PL/SQL block is finished? I thought that 'END;' would have done it, but apparently not.

Cheers

PS I'm using Oracle8 on NT4 SP3 Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 09:41:26 CDT