Intermedia indexing ?

From: Dr. Louis Coetzee <lcoetzee_at_subversion.mikom.csir.co.za>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:05:39 +0200

Hi,

I need to upload Word documents to a blob field. I also require an index associated with
this blob column in order to perform queries on the blob data (word documents).

I created the following table:

create table BlobTryT (
  id NUMBER primary key,
  blobname varchar2(160),
  blobdata BLOB);

with the following index:
CREATE INDEX blobdata_idx ON BlobTryT(blobdata) indextype IS ctxsys.context parameters ('FILTER CTXSYS.INSO_FILTER');

I am able to upload the word documents, but am unable to perform a select (i.e. the select always returns 0).  select id from blobtryt where contains (blobdata,'data') >0;

Any advice on how to create and use indexes on blob datafields ?

Much appreciated.

Dr. Louis Coetzee

--

Louis Coetzee (PhD)
+I tried to drown my sorrows with booze... who knew they could swim !+ "Love means nothing to a tennis player" *My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.*

Phone:          +27 12 841 3036 (w)

Building 43, Office C330,
Software Engineering, Mikomtek, CSIR, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa