Moving Objects in Schemas

From: Shannon St. Dennis <sstdenni_at_cityregina.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:38:52 -0600

Hi all

We had purchased a payroll package from a company up here in canada in which all the objects are owned by a single user.

As we added customizations, they were added to the same user schema. Now that we are doing our own support, we want to move the "custom" objects out of the "vanilla" schema into a custom schema.

I am on Oracle 7.3.3.5 on AIX 4.2.1 I have no chance of going to a higher version of oracle due to Y2K constraints (ie. we are frozen at this version until next spring).

Anyway, is there any way of changing the ownership of these tables, procedures, and views without doing an exp/imp?

Thanks

Shannon St.Dennis Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 09:38:52 CDT