a basic question

From: paul cluiss <paul_cluiss_at_intervoice.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:15:20 -0500

Hello all,

I have a basic Oracle question:

What is 'dual'? I've done a bit if reading from general purpose (IE, non-Oracle specific) SQL books and they never mention the 'dual' table, but I see it cropping up again and again in computations, so please, enlighten me. What is dual? Mine currently has one field called 'dummy' and has a value of 'X'.

Sincerely,

Paul Cluiss
Dallas, Texas Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 15:15:20 CDT