Re: How Stable is Oracle for Linux?

From: Don Woods <dawoods_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:30:53 -0700

We have been using Oracle 8.0.5 and Redhat Linux for about 4 months now without a single problem.
Our website, www.elance.com has been up 99.9% of the time since July. Our only downtime has been to do a cold backup on the weekend. We are running in archivelog mode.

Before installation, make sure that you first have the supported version of glib* libraries.

We are planning to upgrade to version 8.1.5 in a month or so, after we install, configure, and test it.

Don Woods