the number of rollback segments

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 20 Sep 1999 17:16:38 GMT

Hi,

Someone says that "The number of rollback segments should not be exceeding 50."

I can't find this rule in the "Administrator's Guide" and "Tunning" manuals and some other books.
In the "Tunning" manual, it says the number of rollback segments is

    4, if n<16
    8, if 16<=n<32
    n/4, if 32<=n, where n is the number of current transactions. It doesn's say there is a upper bound of then number of rollback segments.

Is this rule true or not?
What will happen, and what's the disadvantage if we create more than 50 RBS in one database? Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 12:16:38 CDT