PL/SQL Output problem

From: Evelyn <onezero_at_post1.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:33:29 +1000

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for taking time to read my posting. I have written a small procedure to help me locate a department name and it's address, and i would like to print these information onto the screen in a nice format. Example:
Department: xxxxx
Manager: aaaaa, bbbbbb

my codes are something like this:

  dbms_output.enable;
  dbms_output.put_line('Department: ' || deptname);
  dbms_output.put_line('Manager: ' ||  mgrlname || ', ' || mgrfname);

my procedure complie successfully without any errors, however when i try to execute my procedure i got these runtime error saying:

21/3     PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to

'PUT_LINE'
21/3 PL/SQL: Statement ignored 22/3 PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to
'PUT_LINE'
22/3 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I don't quite understand what these errors means. All my variables (deptname, mgrfname, mgrlname) are of type varchar2(20). Where did i go wrong? I really appreaciate your help very much. Thanks in advance!

--
Cheers
Evelyn Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 09:33:29 CDT