How to display result from PL/SQL Procedure??

From: Evelyn <onezero_at_post1.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:16:33 +1000

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for taking time to read my posting. I have written a small procedure to help me locate a department name and it's address, how do i print these information onto the screen in a nice format? Example:

Department: xxxxx
Manager: xxxxxx

I try to use the following code:

  dbms_output.enable;
  dbms_output.put_line('Department: '||deptname);
  dbms_output.put_line('Manager: '||mgrlname || ', ' ||mgrfname);

however, i have no idea what is dbms_output.put_line and dbms_output.enable mean, are they some standard commands or function or keywords in PL/SQL similar to C printf statements??

I really appreaciate your help very much, thanks in advance..

Cheers
Evelyn Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 09:16:33 CDT