Re: How to show a select in one row

From: Howard Lee Harkness <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:11:51 GMT

I have a similar problem, for which I would appreciate some hints... My client has a report that he wants me to generate (in Crystal Reports) with the form:

              Contract1         Contract2         Contract3 ....
hex nut       1                 2                 4
wire          3.2               7.0               1.33

etc.

The report is the quantities of parts used on each contract. Some parts, such as wire or adhesive, can be in fractional quantities. The problem is that the number of contracts is variable. Any thoughts on how to organize the underlying table(s) or view(s)?

BTW, I am using Oracle 7.

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:35:56 GMT, L8tr0n <l8tr0n_at_my-deja.com> wrote:

>SELECT SUM("1") as "1",
> SUM("2") as "2",
> SUM("3") as "3"
>FROM (
>SELECT DECODE(id,'1',1,0) AS "1",
> DECODE(id,'2',2,0) AS "2",
> DECODE(id,'3',3,0) AS "3"
>FROM toto)
>
> would return
>
> 1 2 3
> 1 2 3
>
>That works if you have numbers...WARNING in 8i there are bugs in
>parallel query when running this type of statement...

hlh_NOSPAM_at_excite.com is a valid, unmunged address! It is also so full of spam(!) that I don't read it. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 08:11:51 CDT