Re: Setting up two listeners

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:43:38 +0100

Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote in message news:37E295BA.C0238D71_at_Unforgettable.com...
> Does anyone have an example of a listener.ora in which there are
> different listeners configured for different databases? I currently have
> two instances running on a machine but am using the same listener for
> both of them. The problem is, if something goes wrong with one database
> it causes the listener to hang for the other database. I think that if I
> configure a seperate listener for each database then they will work
> totally independent of each other and I can take the database and the
> associated listener down without effecting the other database/listener.

You may have another problem - the listener should not hang when you have a problem with one database. I have previously run a system with 21 configured databases using 2 listeners - only 6 or so instances were active at any one time (dev box) but there was no problems in starting / shutting any of the datbases at any time. Is this UNIX or NT ?

Alex Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 03:43:38 CDT