Re: Tracing in Packages

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:49:42 +0200

You'll need to trace your session, by issuing alter session set sql_trace = true. This will also trace the packages. Alternatively you could use the dbms_session package to accomplish the same. To enable trace for a session different than your own , use dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid, serial#,true) where sid and serial# can be retrieved from v$session.

The trace file will end up in the user_dump_dest directory on the server.

Then run tkprof73 on it, and you have your plans. Make sure the init.ora parameter timed_statistics has been set to true.

Hth,
--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA