OCI Calls to insert column objects

From: Roa madhavrao <rao_madhavrao_at_bmc.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:04:39 -0500

I have the following oracl 8 definitions:

create type x_type as object (a1 number); create table a (a1 number, b1 x_type);

I want to insert using OCI for oracle 8 using the insert statement insert into a (a1,b1) values (:a1, :b1). There are several examples in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo, for example cdemo82.c, which perform inserts into tables with column objects, but all of them define a struct (for example struct address for cdemo82.c) that is passed as an argument in OCIBindObject. In my case I do not know what the struct is or look like so I cannot declare it before hand.

How do I perform inserts? Do I have to use OCIBindDynamic with callbacks or OCIStmtSetPieceInfo?

Any suggestions will be of great help. Please email to rao_madhavrao_at_bmc.com

Thanks
Rao Received on Sat Sep 18 1999 - 12:04:39 CDT