Re: SET TIMING ON

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:03:12 GMT

Only puzzled hopefully, not sleepless :) It looks to me this is a SQL worksheet feature which allows you to buffer multiple statements. Probably the buffer is scanned sequentially and your command inserted everytime you execute it. Try repeating your statement in a single command environment like sql*plus.
What you describe is simply impossible. A repeat should perform faster, because the data is already in buffer cache.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA