Re: Newbie -very newbie- question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:54:00 +0200

sqlplus scott/tiger@<your database>
(sql prompt) create or replace procedure newbie

                    is
                    begin
                    dbms_output.put_line('Hello world');
                    end;
                    /
                   set serveroutput on size 20000
                    exec newbie
                    rem or
                    begin
                    newbie;
                    end;
                    /

If sqlplus 'doesn't work' (which is hardly to be believed) please be specific and post an exact error message.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA