JDeveloper (Urgent)

From: Tarek Shaar <tareks_at_syslogic.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:37:54 GMT

Hello every one.

I am currently developing a Java project that talks to an Oracle 8i server. The tool I am using to develop the software is JDeveloper 2.0. I am having probelms in writting the integer value entered by the user in a text field to the corresponding field in the database. The connection seems to be fine but the problem is in the method that does the actual insert in the data base. The SQL query that does the actual insert in the database in embeded in a Java file with an extention of .sqlj
the method is a static one in the file and I am calling this method in the file that has the the text fileld where the data is entered. The method is as follows:

  static void submit _tpr_number(int tpr_no)     throws Exception {

     #sql { insert into problem_report
     (TPR_NO) values
     (:tpr_no)};

   } (This method is within a file called updates.sqlj)

I then calll this method in the other file as follows:

void jButton1_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {

    int tpr_number = Integer.parseInt(jTextField1.getText());     file_name.submit_tpr_number(tpr_number);   }
which is meant to submit the data entered in the text field to the database on clicking the button jButton1. the error message is as follows:

Error:(53) unreported exception: java.lang.Exception; must be caught or declared to be thrown.(The tool points at the line where I am calling the method)

I would appreciate it if any body could help. Also if any one has any useful information about JDeveloper which will enable me to read data from a database into various controls(choice, tree, grid, table)
or any other information about JDeveloper 2.0 then please reply to this message as soon as possible.

Thanks every one

Tarek Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 10:37:54 CDT