Re: Report Scheduler (Unix) Ideas?

From: I.A. Saez Scheihing <i.a.saez.scheihing_at_tue.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:50:38 +0200

Jenny,

We are in the process of migrating from forms, sqlplus and report applications on a Alpha OpenVMS to an application server (Sun Solaris). We had many batch programma's on the alpha which needed to be converted to a three tier environment. I had to change a lot of host('submit ...') statements in our forms app's to custom build solution. I use an Oracle table to hold requests. A cron job looks at the Oracle table every 10 min. to see if there are jobs waiting . All 'host(submit...)' statements where replaced by a custom built pl/sql procedure. All our OpenVMS DCL scripts were replaced by Unix scripts.

If you want more details let me know.