Re: Export as Daily Backup

From: Keith Midkiff <kmidkiff_at_mail.msy.bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:11:30 -0500

Exports are one of the oldest and easiest backup methods. Exports have been known to fail, but this is rare. You will experience problems only with large databases. Recovery using import is a lot longer than backup with export. Time required to recover using an export file can easily exceed acceptable allowances. Consider carefully before using as your only backup/recovery. And before I ramble on more ... No you don't have to backup control files with a full database export.