Transferring LONG RAW from TAB1 to TAB2

From: Yann Chevriaux <chevriaux_at_theleme.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:42:10 +0200

I would to know how to copy a LONG RAW column from a table to another.

The following based function failed with:

    ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

function ArchiveRawData(dataId in number) return number
is

   newArcId number;
 begin
   newArcId := NewId; -- NewId is a based function that return an UID

   insert into rawArchive (id, rawdata)

     select newArcId, rawdata
     from rawCurrent

    where id = dataId;

   return newArcId;

end;

 I thought it could be a PL/SQL limitation but even with a simple SQL statement it fail as well.

Configuration: NTServer; Oracle 7.3.2

Please help !!! Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 10:42:10 CDT