nested transactions

From: Loy & Hutz oHG <Entwicklung_at_LoyHutz.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:45:50 +0200

I am migrating an MSAccess based application (VB6) to Oracle and I have some questions about nested transactions (I'm new in the ora-world). Our application uses DAO to communicate with the mdb-files and/or Ora-Tables, SQL-statements are executed to oracle via jet/passthrough, so nested transactions are not possible. I tried the same without jet, using ODBCDirect: Same error occured.

Now my questions:
How can I realize nested transactions, is there any possibility to do this using DAO?
Is it easier to realize them using ADO (but i don't think i can change the whole program because of that)?
Time is running fast, so I would prefer a quick and easy way to solve the problem.....

Thanks in advance,
Katharina Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 10:45:50 CDT