Re: Deleting Child records

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:38:30 +0100

In article <7ronuf$q49$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, rodgerdjr_at_my-deja.com writes
>I have a databaes with over 400 tables and I need to delete some
>duplicate records. I have isolated the records, and now I want to
>delete them, but they have "ties" to other tables. I don't even know
>what tables to start with. Does anyone have a quick way of checking
>the child tables for the ID so I can delete the records in that table
>and move on to the next table and hopefully get back to the main table
>to finally delete the record.

You probably need to look at the all_constraints table to see what tables/constraints refer to your parent, and then look at the all_cons_columns to see which columns the constraints are referring to.

Andy
--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request