How to do the replication?

From: Violin <violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw>
Date: 16 Sep 1999 02:38:19 GMT

Hello all,

I want to try replication but have some problems. If I have 2 databases at different location. Each database has 2 tables named DEPT and EMP EMP has a foreign key (DEPTNO) relation to DEPT (DEPTNO).

The row data of SCOTT.DEPT must replicate from database A to database B.

So A database is master site and B database is remote site. I tried to create snapshot log at master site on SCOTT.DEPT. Then at remote site I created a snapshot SCOTT.DEPT_SNP REFRESH FAST START WITH sysdate NEXT sysdate + 1 AS select * from dept_at_link_B_and_A;

But the replication just copies the data of DEPT from master site A to remote site B's object DEPT_SNP.
DEPT_SNP is a view,just for select only. Remote site SCOTT.DEPT still doesn't have the replicated data from master A.

How could I replcate data from A site SCOTT.DEPT to B site SCOTT.DEPT? Should I do the repluication by using snapshot or other tool?? Thank you for any suggestion.

Violin.
violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 21:38:19 CDT