Re: comparing data in two different tables

From: LKR <tunnel_at_hananet.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:44:31 +0900

Rob <robw95_at_home.com>ÀÌ(°¡) ¾Æ·¡ ¸Þ½ÃÁö¸¦ news:37E046F2.1A954334_at_home.com¿¡ °Ô½ÃÇÏ¿´½À´Ï´Ù.
> I have two tables (different schemas). One was loaded with our old
> extract process and the second with my new extract process. I want to
> verify that my new process produced identical results to the old
> process. I need to prove that all the columns and all the rows are the
> same.
>
> I know I can offload the tables to Unix files and do a 'diff' but I
> prefer to do it in Oracle. Does anybody have a slick way of doing this?
>
> Thanks. Rob

select *
from table1
minus
select *
from table2;

select *
from table2
minus
select *
from table1;

if above two queries result 'no row selected' , two tables are same datatype and data. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 20:44:31 CDT