Recovery Manager - logging in problem

From: Gregory Hudson <gmhudson_at_acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:12:46 +1000

I backup an Oracle8( on NT4/SP3 with patches) database with Recovery Manager which is run from a batch file under an scheduling at command.

The batch file calls an rcv script which logs into the target database and rcvcat catalogue. Then a script is run which has the command "allocate channel d1 type disk" At this point a general Recovery Manager failure occurs. I have tried allocating the channel manually and had the same response.

The script was working OK previously and nothing known has changed to cause the non-allocation of channel. There is plenty of disk space and memory available.

Has anyone had a similar problem with Recovery Manager?

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this problem?

I have not rebooted the Server yet to see if this clears the problem. Up time has been approx 4 months continually.

Gregory Hudson Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 20:12:46 CDT