Re: Problem w/ Oracle Multithreading

From: Burkhard Schneider <schneider_burkhard_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:11:48 +0200

hello marc, (Hallo Marc, i am german)

under NT there are no multithreaded parameter settings available. the oracle process itself is already sub-divided inth threads so you can do anything here. multi-processor usage is with 7.x, as far as i know, not supported, so your other processors are running without work. the whole process deisgn under nt is total different from the one under unix.
activating parallel query option depends on the usage of your database, so for this part i can recommend you to read the oracle documentation or to go around in internet where many other DBAs have their own internet sites with lots of informations.
are you using own developed sql-scripts or third party products that run against the database ? optimizing always starts first with looking at the sql-statements.
do you constantly get the all the monitoring values to see the bottlenecks if there are any ?

best regards

burkhard schneider