NO_DATA_FOUND exception workaround in functions?

From: <adil_at_msil.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:35:30 GMT

Hello,

I have a function which, among other things, performs a query. This query sometimes returns no data (depending on the given arguments). Apparently, when this happens, a "NO_DATA_FOUND" exception is quietly thrown, and the function abruptly ends at this point. I'd rather this didn't happen, because I wish to continue even if the query returns no data. I could wrap each such query with in its own block, so that I could catch the exception right after the query, but that would be very cumbersome and could complicate my code significantly. I could also precede each select with another select to bring back the number of rows the upcoming select will produce, but that's even more cumbersome.

Does anyone have a more elegant solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Adi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 11:35:30 CDT