Re: Does anyone have serious databases on NT?

From: Blair Kenneth Adamache <adamache_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:37:53 -0400

IBM used DB2 to publish a few 1 TB TPC-D benchmarks on NT. For a database this big, the largest table would be over 500 GB. While benchmarks must audited, and pass ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability) tests, a benchmark has many differences from production: - the Load functions is critical to a benchmark - other utilities (backup, restore) get used less